Recently our very own Alina Villasante had the honor of being asked to participate in the Second Annual Pink Ribbon Project. The photo campaign, benefiting Susan G. Komen for the Cure Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Affiliate, celebrates the photos of 10 local influencers who have donated their time to help eradicate breast cancer.
The 10 women participating in the Second Annual Pink Ribbon Project include:
· Lissette Liz Garcia – Miss Florida USA 2011
· Ginger Harris – Fashion Blogger of Electric Blogarella and Miami Editor for DailyCandy
· Kailey Magder – Co-Owner of Blo Midtown
· Sandirose Magder – Co-Owner of Blo Midtown
· Ninalicia Osorio – On Air Personality and Co-Host on Y100’s “Michael Yo Show”
· Paola Pedroza – Spanish Soap Opera Star
· Shireen Sandoval – Entertainment Reporter and Movie Critic for WSVN Channel 7 and WSVN’s “Deco Drive”
· Karent Sierra – Reality Star and Cast Member on Real Housewives of Miami
· Maria Tettamanti – Miami.com Shopping Editor and Fashion Blogger of TheWordyGirl.com
· Alina Villasante – Creator and Visionary at Peace Love World
Now in its second year, the Pink Ribbon Project highlights the work and creativity of local photographers who want to raise money for breast cancer awareness. This year, the exhibit will showcase the photos of lifestyle photographer Laura Coppelman, who constructed a set of 750 yards of pink ribbon for the project.
The acclaimed photographer also collaborated with Miami artist David ‘Lebo’ Le Batard, who painted the names of breast cancer survivors and victims on each woman.
Behind the scenes, it was an emotional experience for Alina to learn about Laura’s best friend, whom she lost to breast cancer. Two large posters of the best friends hung in the studio during the pink ribbon shoot. Says Alina, “It was so amazing; it felt so real and connected to the cause. Everyone there, Laura, Lebo, the other women, were very real, authentic, and have one purpose in mind, to find a cure for Breast Cancer.”
The pink event takes place on Thursday, October 4 from 7 – 9 p.m. at Cafeina in Wynwood. Ticket prices are $20 per person and the photos will be on display at the gallery through October 7. Full proceeds from the evening and sale of prints purchased will fully benefit Susan G. Komen for the Cure Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Affiliate
Can’t make it to the event? Enter to win an autographed Pink Ribbon Project photo of Alina. Post your own pink ribbon photo on Twitter or Instagram and tag @peaceloveworld with #PLWPINKRIBBON. One winner will be announced on Friday, October 5, the day after the photo unveiling.
Share on Facebook